Friday, August 14, 2015

Feast Day Food - Kielbasa and Potatoes on the Feast of St. MaximilianKolbe


I've been trying to incorporate more saint inspired recipes into our daily dinners lately whenever possible. As a busy homeschooling mom, my criteria is that it either has to be as easy as one of my go-to meals, or a twist on something I already make.

To celebrate the feast of St. Maximilian Kolbe, I decided to try an easy looking recipe that has been in my "To Try" file for ages. It was quick, tasty, and led to a great conversation about the polish saint who inspired it. 


Ingredients:
1 polish sausage
Onion
Garlic
5 potatoes
Beer or cider

Pan fry the sausage until browned and remove from the pan. Sauté the onion until translucent. Add the garlic and sauté another few minutes. Add the potatoes and pan fry until tender. Optionally, at this point you can add some beer or hard cider to tenderize the potatoes and add an extra depth of flavor. When the potatoes are finished, return the sausage to the pan and heat through. Serve and enjoy!  Pair with a salad or add in some veggies for a complete meal. 

Source:
Inspired by Mom Foodie

No comments:

Post a Comment