|How's that for a mom bag?|
1. Martha Stewart Planner - (I did not pay that much! Yay for sales!). I love this thing. Seriously love. It's weekly pages are divided into Morning/Afternoon/Evening and there are two blank blocks which I use for "To-do" and "Meals". I still maintain an online calendar on my phone that is shared between my husband and I, but I really prefer solid paper to plan and schedule things.
2. Crayons & Blank Notebook - You never know when you will need to distract an energetic toddler!
3. Phone Wallet - I bought this at Target a couple of months ago and love it. It holds my phone and cards and has a little wristlet. If I need to run into the store quickly I just grab this out of my bag so that I don't have to drag my whole purse in!
4. Water Bottle - Ever since I had kidney stones last September, I am never without a water bottle in my bag and in my cup holder in my car. Plus a gallon jug in my car just in case!
5. Diapers - Realistically I should have wipes in here too, but I ran out last week and have had to bum wipes off my fellow moms since that. Adding that to my to-do list...
6. Cough drops - I sing every other week at Mass and since my voice is often affected by seasonal allergies I keep these in my bag for emergencies.
7. Gum - Nasty breath from quick cups of coffee or snack when I am out and about are treated quickly with a bit of gum. I sometimes keep those little one time toothbrush pick thingies (sorry, not enough coffee yet today!), but seem to be out of them right now.
8. Electronic stuff - I usually have my phone charger and earphones with me. Phone charger because I chronically forget to charge at home (my other charger is near my bed), and earphones for no other reason than so that I know where they are when I am looking for them!
9. Keys - Storing them immediately IN my purse when I get home has cut down majorly on the frantic - "Where are my keys?!?!?! We are 10 minutes late, please, please, please, help me find my keys!" episodes.
10. Chapstick - 2 words. Desert air.
Missing conspicuously - Pile o' Junk that takes up about 40% of my purses space - misc. receipts and papers that I need to go through and file.
Thanks for reading!