Saturday, January 18, 2014

Week in Review Jan. - Spring Semester Week #1


This was our first "normal" week after about a month of no school and having my hubby home.  Here's what we were up to this week.

In My Life This Week
This was our first "normal" week after about a month of no school and 3 weeks having my hubby home.  We were all sick, but we still managed to get started.

In Our Homeschool
We enjoyed digging in to our new curriculum this week.  The kids were sick with coughs, but fully functional otherwise so we still did most of our work.
Phonics - long vowel/short vowel review
Math - MEP Yr 1 - Lessons 16-20
Handwriting - Started her new cursive book and loved her "fancy" writing
Literature - Winnie the Pooh
Rafael Language Arts - LLFLO 1 #1-8
Rafael Math - MEP Reception - Lessons 1-3
Rafael Literature - Angus Lost, Caps for Sale, Blueberries for Sal
Geography - China - The Story about Ping, The Empress and the Silkworm
History - Expansion - Going West, The True Tale of Johnny Appleseed
Science - BFSU - A-1 - Organizing Things Into Categories
Nature Study - Nothing official this week as we were trying to stay out of the awful wind.  I didn't want their colds to turn into ear or sinus infections!  Some of the illustrations in The Story of Ping made them curious about how floating works and so they grabbed some things from their nature table (pinecones, bark, leaves, rocks, etc.) to see what would float.
Habit Training - Laying Down the Rails - Obedience #1-2

We also did our religion and calendar time, but skipped the rest of our subjects until everyone feels better.

My Kitchen
With a couple of big purchases coming up we are tightening our belts, which means I am trying to cook as much as possible out of the pantry and freezer.  We were fairly poor growing up and my mom had this uncanny ability to pull a couple of things out of the pantry and come up with an amazing meal.  I am finding that I may have inherited a bit of her skill, thank goodness!

I'm Grateful For
My amazing hubby, who had a long, hard, 1st week back at work and still came home and cheerfully took care of the children each night so I could go to bed early to help kick this cold.  I really hit the jackpot with this man!

I'm Praying For
This darn cold to go away!  We've officially emptied our house of several bottles of cough medicine and I have personally worked my way through an entire box of cough drops and two boxes of herbal tea.

Things I'm Working On
I have a few projects in the works right now.  I am teaching science classes using our current curriculum for my co-op so have quite a bit of planning still for the first one next Tuesday!  I am also hosting a Pinterest Club for my MOMS Club on Wednesday so I'm busy putting together a craft for that!


I'm Linking Up


2 comments: