Wednesday, July 1, 2015

30 Minute Homemade Pizza

Yesterday, we had one of those evenings where nothing sounded good at all.  If we weren't watching our budget, I would have suggested ordering a pizza or going out for fast food.  Trying to control that instinct, I searched the fridge for an easy meal and came up empty handed.  When I noticed some leftover rotisserie chicken, I decided to make a quick pizza.  I hopped onto Google and searched for an easy at-home pizza crust.  While my husband is an excellent baker, I limit myself to quickbreads and cookies.  I have never tried to make bread or use yeast in any way.  Thankfully my husband had some leftover yeast in the pantry so I was able to pull this crust together quickly.  This is not a gourmet pizza crust by any stretch of the imagination.  But if you need a quick, easy dinner that will satisfy both parents and kids, this is a great option!


30 Minute Homemade Pizza Crust
1 (.25oz) package active dry yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 c warm water
2 1/2c bread flour
2 T olive oil
1 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water and let rest for 10 minutes.  Stir in remaining ingredients.  Beat until smooth and let rest another 5 minutes.  Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface and transfer to pizza stone or baking pan dusted with cornmeal.  Add toppings and bake for 15-20 minutes.

Source: All Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment