Sunday, February 2, 2014

Week in Review Feb. 1 - Spring Semester Week #3

Photos from the super fun Geography group we went to!

In My Life This Week
It was a bit of a busy week around here so our housework slipped a bit.  I am an extreme extrovert and have a natural tendency to want to be always on the go.  I have to be really careful to strike a balance between home and extracurriculars.  We got all our schoolwork finished, but we all tend to do better mentally when we have long periods of unstructured time to relax, play, and learn spontaneously.  And that only happens when we stay home most of the week!

In Our Homeschool
Phonics - Digraphs - sh & ch (and tch)
Math - MEP Yr 1 - Lessons 26-30
Grammar - First Language Lessons # 11-15
Handwriting - moving along in her cursive
Literature - started Betsy Tacy
Rafael Language Arts - LLFLO 1 # 18-25
Rafael Math - MEP Reception - Lessons 9-12
Rafael Literature - Katy No-Pocket, Curious George, Curious George Flies a Kite
Geography - China - Mei Mei Loves the Morning, One Year in Beijing
History - Expansion - Aurora Means Dawn
Science - BFSU - A-2 - Solids, Liquid, and Gases Extension Activities
Nature Study - Winter Tree Silhouette Study
Handiworks - Lego Challenge # 2 & 3

Around Town
Monday - Playdate w/ our MOMS Club

Tuesday - Australia Geography Group - so fun!  We learned about Australian animals, history (and the British using it as jail!), art (we did aboriginal dot painting), snacks (we tried fairy toast and vegemite), and so much more!  This is a new offering through one of our co-ops focusing on a different country each month.  I can't wait for the next one!

Wednesday - monthly MOMS Club Meeting

Thursday - field trip to a local indoor play area

Friday - Catholic Co-op 

My Kitchen
My hubby's birthday was this week so I made his two absolute favorites - Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas and Red Velvet Cake Balls!  Yum!

I'm Grateful For
Healthy kids!  We are finally all healthy and have had our allergy meds kick in a little bit so we aren't sneezing and tearing up all the time!

I'm Praying For
All my friend with sick kiddos right now and another friend who is having surgery this week.

Things I'm Working On
I'm trying to make a master document with liturgical feast days and ideas for celebrating them (pulled from Pinterest mostly!), as well as noting if we have their story in any of our various saint books.  I'm hoping this will help me have things ready ahead of time so I'm not trying to scramble at the last minute to do something for a particular Saint.


I'm Linking Up

No comments:

Post a Comment